"Photo Gallery Uploads" Guidelines:
- It is best to upload an image larger than
250 pixels wide, Ideally 800 X 600 or 1024 X 768. This will result
in the best trade-off of image quality and upload speed.
- Your image will automatically be resized to 700 pixels wide
and also a thumbnail will be created at 150 pixels wide. Aspect
ratios will be maintained.
- It is recommended you upload .jpg images instead of .gif or
other formats. .gif files will work, but the background will
be blackened out.
- All images will be converted to .jpg format.
- Please do not attempt to upload objectionable phrasing or images.
- All uploaded text and pictures will go through a validation
process, and we reserve the right not to post your submission.
- We will verify whether the sighting qualifies as a rarity.
If the image does not qualify as a rarity, but meets other guidelines,
will be posted in the ND Birding Gallery.
- Club event photos can be uploaded, as well as actual bird images.
- Postings should appear with 2-3 days from submission.
- Please be patient while you see the file copy progress box,
depending on your connection and image size; this process can
take several minutes.
- Uploading has been tested effectively with Microsoft IE 6.0
and Mozilla FireFox 9.2. If you connect with AOL, consider connecting
and then using one of the above browsers.
- If all else fails, please mail your image(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org and
we will upload them for you.